Talk to Big City Insulation of Idaho today for basement insulation services in the Boise area. Our specialists provide re-insulation services, new construction insulation services and renovation insulation services. We offer a wide array of basement insulation options to fit your needs.
Basement insulation installation can cut your energy costs as well as make your home more comfortable year round. There are different options for insulating basements:
- Exterior walls
- Interior walls
Not sure which option best fits your basement insulation installation needs? Talk with one of our specialists today to find the right solution for your basement insulation project.
Basement Insulation Installation Specifics
Because the basement is more connected to other living spaces than the outside of the house, insulating basement walls is preferable to insulating the basement ceiling. Each has its own advantages.
Exterior wall basement insulation:
- Requires less insulation than insulating the basement’s ceiling
- Maintains continuous thermal and air leakage boundaries
- Reduces heat loss through the foundation of your home
- Allows for minimal increase in the size of heating and cooling equipment
- Reduces the risk of condensation and mildew in the basement
Interior basement ceiling insulation (often the more cost-effective option for insulating your basement):
- Is less expensive to install, especially for pre-existing buildings
- Uses almost any material (blown-in cellulose, fiberglass, etc.)
- Eliminates insect infestation
- Is isolated from the cold climate outdoors, compared to exterior wall insulation
Basement Insulation Contractors Serving Boise, ID
Although there are advantages and disadvantages of installing interior and exterior basement insulation, the choice is ultimately yours. Talk with one of Big City Insulation of Idaho’s experts today and see what option is right for you. We can inspect your space and provide you with an estimate for your basement insulation project at no cost!
If you are looking to increase your home’s energy efficiency, there is no better time than now to start on your basement insulation installation project! We stand behind our promise of reliable, quality service to each and every one of our customers.
Here at Big City Insulation of Idaho, we understand the importance of having properly installed insulation in the lower levels of your home (we also offer crawl space insulation). Insulating properly can not only significantly lower your energy costs, but it can also make your home more comfortable year round and help maintain or even increase its market value! If you are seeking expert advice for your basement insulation project, contact us today!